DotA Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Talk about DotA! Also, you can talk about other stuff. This forum is made to make you express yourselves

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mana Users Beware! A guide for Magina

Go down 

Do you think the guide is good?
Great Guide!
Mana Users Beware! A guide for Magina Vote_lcap100%Mana Users Beware! A guide for Magina Vote_rcap
 100% [ 1 ]
Okay Guide
Mana Users Beware! A guide for Magina Vote_lcap0%Mana Users Beware! A guide for Magina Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Poor Guide
Mana Users Beware! A guide for Magina Vote_lcap0%Mana Users Beware! A guide for Magina Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 1

AuthorMessage
Grazion
Admin
Grazion

Mana Users Beware! A guide for Magina Empty
PostSubject: Mana Users Beware! A guide for Magina   Mana Users Beware! A guide for Magina Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 2:59 pm

Mana users beware!

Introduction:
Welcome to my strategy guide. Magina is a great hero that can kill most enemies with ease. I'll show you how to own with Magina, the Anti-mage!
Hero: Magina

Skill Build:
1. Mana Break
2. Blink
3. Mana Break
4. Spell Shield
5. Mana Break
6. Mana Void
7. Spell Shield
8. Mana Break
9. Spell Shield
10. Spell Shield
11. Mana Void
12. Blink
13. Blink
14. Blink
15. Stats
16. Mana Void
17. Stats
18. Stats
19. Stats
20. Stats
21. Stats
22. Stats
23. Stats
24. Stats
25. Stats

Item Build:
1. Wraith Band
2. Power Treads
3. Vanguard
4. Hood of Defiance
5. The Butterfly
6. Perseverance
7. Manta Style

Early Game:
Welcome to my Magina guide

This guide will focus on how to use magina with my way of using him.

Magina - The Anti-Mage

Items to get at start

Get these items when it is a 5v5 match -ar

Slippers of Agility x2

Circlet of Nobility x2

Ancient Tango of Essifation

Optionals

Healing Salve

Ring of Regeneration

Stout Shield

If you are in 1v1's or 2v2's

Wraith Band x2

Power Treads

Optionals ( depends on who are you playing against )

Stout Shield + Ring of Health = Working towards Vanguard

Planeswalkers Cloak + Helm of Iron Will = Working towards Hood of Defiance

Early game goals

- Farm

- Harass

- Kill ( possibly )

- Just plain farm

Lane Selection

Sentinal = Bottom

Scourge = Top

Optional = Mid
Farming

With his good attack speed, it should be less daunting for you to last hit/deny. Focus on that and try to rake in those golds to finish the items. Harassing at this point is optional, but if enemies stray to far into your territory, make them suffer! Very Happy

Lane Scenarios

1 Melee hero - Nothing to worry about. Continue to Last hit/Deny as much as you can and if he goes to far into your territory, hit them and burn some mana out of them.

2 melee heroes - Same as above only with added caution. Two heroes is a bit harder.

1 Range hero - Try to Last hit/Deny often as possible. Try not to get harassed. Stay as far as you can from their attack range.

2 range heroes - Ouch! Last hit/Deny will be so hard as they will try to harass the hell out of you. Try to Last hit/deny as often as possible but if it gets to hard, ask for assistance or a lane switch.

Hero-killing

Not a must early game but if you want to try to, get assistance. When attacking, get some few hits to burn their mana and watch them run away because they maybe don't have enough mana to cast a spell . Continue to attack with caution because there can be a counter-gank anywhere. Try to get a few kills if possible and assist your teammates in a gank.

Items to finish

By the end of early game, try finishing these items and have them in your inventory

Point 1 ---------------------------------

Wraith Band Wraith Band

Power Treads Vanguard

Quarterstaff

----------------------------------Point 2

Or if you're finishing Hoods

Wraith Band Wraith Band

Power Treads Hood of Defiance

Quarterstaff

Try to get one of the items for butterfly by the end of early game. I suggest taking quarterstaff first.

Magina Skills

I will talk about magina's skills and how to use them.

Mana Break

A great skill that that synergizes very well with your ultimate. When you have a high attack speed, mana will constantly be burned and most of the time, heroes will not have enough mana to cast any of their spell. Sadly, it's an orb effect. Which means you can't use any other orb effect items. SO SAD... T_T

Blink

Magina's famous skill. He can start ( and possibly leave Very Happy ) a gank. You can also use this skill to chase fleeing heroes. This skill is great for escaping too. A tip when running away is to blink to places where your enemies can't reach ( unless it's Akasha, then it's useless ). With that, you can escape easily to safety.

Spell Shield

A great skill that makes nukes tickle you while you crush your opponents. Nukers like zeus and lina will have little chance to kill you while you burn away their mana. Super ultimates like Laguna blade and Finger of death will have it's damage reduced. Such a great skill to make you battle worthy.

Mana Void

A super ultimate to finish off enemies. It also stuns and damages nearby enemy units. Great in team battles where HP means so much. Imagine you're facing an INT hero. He has like 800 mana with 700 hit points. Remember, you're dealing dmg while burning mana so it makes it much easier to kill the enemy. Get a few hits and activate Mana Void. INSTANT KILL!!! Very Happy

I'll explain the item builds later in mid-game.
THE END OF EARLY GAME....

Middle Game:
MID-GAME

Here, i am going to explain the item build.

Wraith Band

Power Treads

Wraith bands give magina much agility for attack speed, strength for HP and Intel for MP. Power Threads give you +10 selected attribute ( in this case, strength, which adds HP ) and +60 movespeed for chasingenemies or running away.

Vanguard

Vanguard is to protect magina better from damage dealt by enemies. It also gives magina much-needed HP regen and hp increase. Great to help magina along early-mid game. Can be discarded for better items late game due to less effectiveness in that stage of the game.

Hood of Defiance

An item i get when facing a team of nukers. Greatly decreases damage from spells and helps you survive better with an insane 8 HP per second regen. I don't know what happens to the armor from HoiW go. Some say it turns to magic resistance. o.0

The Butterfly

Wooooooh! Crazy item for him. Gives damage, agility and the SUPER AMAZING EVASION!! I like seeing those red 'misses' coming from the enemy. Improves DPS capabilities and make you kill better and harder to be killed. Superb item for Magina.

Manta Style

I get these for the illusions. It will have your mana burn which helps you to rape your enemy even faster. Increases movespeed, attack speed and agility, which in turn adds attack speed and armor, making you more unkillable. Don't be fooled, you still can be killed if you let your guard down. SO BE CAREFUL!!!

What to do in mid-game?

- Kill enemies

- Farm

- Kill enemies

- Wait for it.....

- Kill enemies

- Survive while killing enemies

- Farm

- Help teammates in ganks

- Whatever to pass the time waiting for enemies to respawn Very Happy

Farming

This should be damn easy if you already get butterfly. No more last hits because by yourself, you can clear creep waves. Deny whenever you can to inflict more pain into the wounds of the enemy. Continue to farm for items that you want.

Hero-killing

Mid-game will be emphasized on hero-killing. It will be much easier to destroy enemies.

How to Kill?

- Hide somewhere close to the enemy ( 1v1 gank )

- If you want a team gank, ping them and hide at a safe spot until they arrive

- Blink in

- Get a few hits to burn their mana

- Blink out if you're receiving to much damage, but if you don't, continue attacking.

- Chase the fleeing hero ( if they are fleeing ) by blinking in front of them

- Cast mana void

- Laugh at the sight of a kill Very Happy

-If he doesn't die and has little HP, chase him till blinks ready and blink in front of them

- Hit them

- Sure kill

- If you failed to kill, you're useless Razz

- Naaah, just joking Smile

Heroes to go for

Zeus - Lord of Olympia

Aiushtha - The Enchantress

Lion - Demon Witch

Rotund`jere - Necrolyte

Vol`Jin - The Witch Doctor

Lina Inverse - The Slayer

Ultimately INT heroes. You'll be their worst nightmare. They are useless without mana and have low health. Easy kills. Watch out if you're fighting someone that is good using them. Sometimes they know how to use them to their advantage.

Heroes to watch out

Sven - The Rogueknight

Yurnero - The Juggernaut

Rylai Crestfall - Crystal Maiden

Tiny - The Stone Giant

Huskar - Sacred Warrior

Discussions:

Sven : If he gets high-tier items and casted God strength, you'll have little chance to kill him. Go for a gank for this guy

Yurnero : I used Bradwarden against him when he got butterfly, bf and blade mail. He raped brad o.0. Watch out for omnislash.

Crystal Maiden : Her ice trap ain't nice and her ultimate is sick. Go for a gank if you're having a hard time facing her alone.

Tiny : Craggy Exterior! Nuff said. The more we attack, probably the more we get stunned.

Huskar : Life Break! Ouch!

Not-so-mana-dependent heroes

Bradwarden - The Centaur Warchief

Mortred - Phantom Assassin

Expected items

You should have these by lvl 16

Wraith Band Wraith Band

Power Treads Vanguard

The Butterfly Perseverance

Or

Wraith Band Wraith Band

Power Treads Hood of Defiance

The Butterfly Perseverance

Finish up perseverence with BattleFury or Linken's or Bloodstone.

THE END OF MID-GAME...

Late Game:
What to do in late-game?

- Push

- Kill

- Push

- Kill

- Push

- Farm ( optional )

- End the game already! >_<

Pushing

By now, you and your team should already push to the enemy base and destroy the Throne/Tree. Clear the towers and creeps and fight to victory! Very Happy

Hero-killing

The same as in mid-game, but now you have manta style. Use the illusions to your advantage.

Try these sequence if you want to

- Activate manta style

- Use one illusion to lure some poor ol' enemy to you and your teammates

- Kill mercilessly

- Laugh

- Muahahahahaha!!!

- If you fail, you suck! Naaaah, i'm kidding again Very Happy

Farming

Not a must, but if you want to, do it. Since your team are pushing, no creeps will pass through to you. So it is not a great idea. The only option is to jungle. I suggest you push with your team rather than farming.

Expected Items and others

Manta Style Wraith Band

Power Treads Vanguard

The Butterfly

Fill in the blanks with whatever you guys want.

You could also experiment with other items as well.

Boots of Travel

Get these if you like to switch lanes quickly.

Cranium Basher

Get these if you like to permabash someone to death o.0

Battle Fury

You'll clear out creep waves and hero waves ( Very Happy ) easily. Regens don't go to waste.

Buriza-do Kyanon

To be a crazy DPS machine that deals MEGA damage every few hits

Divine Rapier
Aegis of the Immortal

Hahaha!! You know why...

Assault Cuirass

More armor for you and allies... GOOD! Attack speed is GOOD also...

Vladmir`s Offering

If you want too. Lifesteal is good...

Heart of Tarrasque

Be tankier and harder to kill....

Linken`s Sphere

More misery for enemies.... plus with you magic resistance.... Very Happy

Bloodstone

"When the bearer dies, this loses half its charges (rounded down) but restores 400 + 25 per charge HP to allied units in 1700 range. While dead, the bearer gains 1800 AoE vision at the location of death, and gains experience in 1000 AoE. Gold lost on death is reduced by 25 percharge. Respawn time is reduced by 3 seconds per charge."

Black King Bar

To be magic immune. Get this if you face a team full of stunners/disablers.

THE END OF THE GAME.....

Conclusion:
Magina - The Anti-Mage
Magina is a great hero to play with and if you use him correctly, YOU WILL OWN!!!

I would like to thank

- My computer for not auto-shutdown-ing while creating my guide

- My family, friends

- To you for reading the guide

Any comments that you want to tell, drop one below and i'll try to reply whenever i can

Sorry if it's just a simple guide. This is my first time doing a guide so if i do another guide, i'll try to make it better.

Copyright ©️ 2009 Grazion All Rights Reserved
Back to top Go down
https://dotatalk.forumotion.com

Mana Users Beware! A guide for Magina
Page 1 of 1